Location: Ashland, Kentucky
A trial lawyer for over 25 years, David’s practice focuses on the defense of health care providers and hospitals. He has tried dozens of complex medical negligence, personal injury, construction, and products liability cases over the course of his legal career. He holds an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and is recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers in the area of medical negligence defense.
David received his B.A. in Psychology from the University of Notre Dame and his law degree from Ohio Northern University where he served as Manuscript Editor of the Law Review. He is licensed to practice in all state courts in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the State of Ohio as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky.
David has been active in the Boyd County and Kentucky Bar Associations. With the Kentucky Bar Association, David was on the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Association. He served on the Kentucky Advertising Commission for six years, the last three as the Chair. He also served on the Board of Directors of IOLTA, the last year as its Chair. Additionally, David previously served on the Board of Directors of the Kentucky Defense Counsel. He has been a frequent speaker, presenter, and moderator at numerous continuing legal education programs.
Applying his breadth of knowledge and legal experience, David also provides mediation services, having successfully mediated dozens of cases involving personal injury, contract disputes, premises liability, land disputes, medical negligence, and wrongful death. He completed his mediation training through the American Arbitration Association.
David is an active volunteer in the Ashland community and has served on the Ashland Independent School Board and the boards of many youth sports leagues and service organizations.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Trial Practice
- Employment Law
- Kentucky, 1995
- Ohio, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- Law Review: Manuscript Editor of the Law Review
- University of Notre Dame
“Graham v. Collins: A Return to Arbitrary Sentencing,” 20 Ohio Northern University Law Review 1075, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Boyd County Bar Association, Vice President, (2003 – 2010)
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Kentucky Young Lawyers Association, (2006-2009)
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, past member of Board of Directors
- IOLTA, Board of Directors (2011-2017), Chair (2017)
- Kentucky Advertising Commission, Board of Directors (2008-2014), Chair (2011-2014)