Location: Ashland, Kentucky
Mr. Williams received his B.A. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky in 1968 and is a 1971 graduate of the University of Kentucky Law School. While at the University of Kentucky, he was a member of the Kentucky Law Journal staff and a member of Phi Delta Phi fraternity. He authored “Kentucky’s Answer to the ‘Coal Black Shame’,” which appeared in the Kentucky Law Journal, Vol. 59, pg. 466. Mr. Williams served in the U.S. Army Reserve, (1st Lt., 1971-1977).
Mr. Williams is licensed to practice in all state courts in the Commonwealth of Kentucky as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky. He is a member of the Boyd County Bar Association, Kentucky Bar Association, American Bar Association, Kentucky Defense Counsel, Defense Research Institute, and American College of Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Williams has engaged in the private practice of law in the Ashland area since 1971 and formed the current partnership in 2000. He has developed his practice in the areas of medical malpractice, health care, insurance law, general practice, and trials.
Mr. Williams was a 2008 Presenter for Trial Strategies and Techniques Seminar for the Kentucky Defense Counsel and the Kentucky Justice Association, “Opening Statements from the Defense Side.”
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Health Care
- General Practice
- Insurance Law
- Kentucky, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence magna cum laude – 1971
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi fraternity, Member
- Law Journal: Kentucky Law Journal, Member
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1968
Kentucky’s Answer to the Coal Black Shame, 59 Kentucky Law Journal 466, 1971
Reams v. Stutler, 642 S.W.2d 586 (Ky. 1982)
Minix v. Maggard, 652 S.W.2d 93 (Ky.App. 1983)
- Equitable Resources Inc.
- Kentucky Medical Ins. Co.
- Kentucky W. Va. Ins. Co.
- Medical Protective Company of Fort Wayne
- United Ohio Gas Co.
- E.B. Lowman, II
- R.T. Gormel
- David Barbour
- Trial Strategies and Techniques Seminar for the Kentucky Defense Counsel, Presenter
- Kentucky Justice Association, “Opening Statements from the Defense Side”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Foundation, Director and Member, Executive Committee, 1986 – Present
- Boyd County Bar Association, President, 1985
- Kentucky Bar Leadership Institute, Member, 1987 – Present
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- American College of Trial Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army Reserve, 1971 – 1977